Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rainbow Six: Operation Assault
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Signot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Rainbow Six: Operation Assault Reply with quote

Hello everyone Exclamation

I am new to the community. I have only recently discovered the amazing power of DeleD as a game level editor. I love the file format and how easy it is to use. I am currently working on a project where 16 players will be able to battle it out in a team based game. I am trying to capture the feel and excitement I get from playing the Rainbow Six series. Currently, I am the only programmer for the game, but I have made much progress. My website is http://www.cs.uregina.ca/~orrsim11

I will be acquiring a modeller soon (I hope). I will also be updating the website as much as I can. A demo will be available later this week, and the more play testing it, the better. I appreciate all comments (good and bad).

Thanks! Very Happy
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Signot & welcome

The idea sounds great,glad your finding deled a good tool (i love it Wink )
site is looking good and i will be waiting for a demo

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! And screenshots, you know how we love screenshots!
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Signot, it's nice to see ya here! Smile
banshee777

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Thats really cool I wish you all the best. I to am trying to create a game, just having the power to create your own game, kinda makes it feel really cool. deled is very cool editor, i had been looking for something like this for years. I can't wait to finish my engine, so then i can start thinking of a story line and mapping city's.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: .... Reply with quote

banshee777 wrote:
deled is very cool editor, i had been looking for something like this for years.

Same here. That's the exact reason I started writing DeleD actually. Smile Now I do'nt have time to write me a game myself - all is spend on DeleD. Wink
Signot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive support everyone! I will updating the webpage with some screenshots this weekend. I will be writting support for screenshots later tonight. The game is very early stages. DeleD is the BOMB!! Increadible. Shocked
Signot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey again everyone,

I have posted some screenshots up on my webpage. Just follow the link on the site. I know they shots don't look like much of anything, but I have just started to work on the HUD interface and weapon system. Collision went smoothly, and tonight I'm play testing with a friend of mine to test the network system.

Once I have done a few more changes to game, I will be releasing a demo downloadable for everyone. Until then, I will keep everyone posted.
Signot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My play test went well tonight. I was able to test the game with my buddy. It seems that I have still a bit of work to do on the net code. I added somemore screenshots to the section on the website. They are of me and my friend play testing. Bullets are registed over the network, and damage is done to the intended target.

Here is the latest image of me and my friend play testing the game!

My friend is obscured up in the top right corner. He is shooting some bullets.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Signot,Glad to here everything is going well Very Happy .Look forward to more screen shots
& info later,Keep it up

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Signot,
i can't view the pictures on your website with firefox. it works only with IE (the evil browser!).
About the screenshots: Try to enable texture filtering!
Signot

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Its been a while Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I have been working on my Masters here at school and so I have had little time to touch my program. But, recently I have gone back to working on the project. The engine is being reworked in ways, and I think I may be changing the overall purpose of the game.

I found that DirectPlay is a pain in the butt to use. There is almost no support on the msdn site and the examples they give are just stupid. I wish that microsoft would release some better code examples with their SDKs....

Anyways, the game is going to be a little liek dungeon siege. It will still remain 3rd person, will still use the DeleD editor as my primary model source, but now, I will be focusing on large dungeons and simple monster AI. If anyone has played the games Lineage II or Guild Wars, they will understand what I mean by simple AI. I am choosing this route because I am highly interested in this area.

I have done some major work on the engine in the past few days. There are a few minor problems with the data structures in the engine that still need to be worked out. Once, these are done, the game should start flowing more smoothly. Perhaps I will have a working demo for distribution by the end of the month. In the mean time I have been updating my webpage (forgot to change the title Confused ).

Bye for now
Signot

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I have been working furiously on the engine. I have reworked the entire data structure and now it's complete! Billboarding is done and i have implemented a particle system.

This new structure allows me to add new renderable objects with absolutely minimal code! Here are some recent screenshots from my game. They show off the particle system and the billboarding effect. More to come real soon. So many ideas, so little paper..

More to come soon!
Signot

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: New updates Reply with quote

I have done some major work on the engine again. I have been working for the past little while to really streamline the inner workings. I found some major bugs and improved upon the object heirarchy. Also, the editor can be used to place monster and player spawn points within the world. More updates coming soon. Here is my latest screenshot. I implemented texture filtering, now it looks nice Smile

Collision detection has been much improved. The particle system will launch particles that will be checked against the world polygons. This way they won't escape if bound within some walls.

Signot

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Getting close! Reply with quote

hey everyone, I am getting extremely close to releasing an alpha build of my game. There are only a few more details I have yet to work out before I do so. My collision system is done (thankfully Confused ) and have only to work on simple AI and monster bashing!

I will be sure to release the URL when I do finish. Please try it out and give me feedback to let me know if you found any bugs, enhancements you think wouuld be good, etc...

My first level is going to be a dungeon. I have already started to work on the map, but I won't finish it until I have the engine where I would like it to be.

I will let you know Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: