Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Studio Wizard

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BevThompson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Visual Studio Wizard Reply with quote

I am a newbie to Deled. I would like to use Visual Studio Wizard with Windows 7. I have installed Visual Studio Express for C++ 2008 but when I try to install the Wizard I get the message"Error:Cannot copy folder(Permission denied)" I have Administrator Rights for my computer. Can someone help me with this?
Just as another query , when I applied to join the Forum I tried using my usual email address ( @gmail.com ) and I was informed that this address was prohibited- is ther a reason for this?

Regards
Bev Thompson
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Bev, and welcome to these forums! Smile

As for the Visual Studio Wizard: I dunno, as I'm not the author of that plugin. Perhaps contacting the author, Salvatore Russo, will help out here. His nick on this forum is Il Buzzo. See his profile for contact info.

Btw, what are your plans with Visual Studio? Going to work on a fancy plugin for DeleD? Smile

About gmail: well, lots and lots of spammers have been using gmail to setup accounts at delgine.com so I decided to ban the gmail domain. Sorry for the inconvenience but as long as there are spammers, I guess I'll leave gmail banned.
pjd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Visual Studio Wizard Reply with quote

BevThompson wrote:
I am a newbie to Deled.

Shocked
You're a newbie .. and you want to start by writing a new plugin ?!?!?!
I started by making a cube.
Smile

Did you install deled to your C:\Program Files (x86) directory ?
Try installing in your top directory, eg C:\Deled
BevThompson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.I have just found and I would like to try to develop a plugin to produce models for Rail3d

Jeroen wrote:
Hi there Bev, and welcome to these forums! Smile

As for the Visual Studio Wizard: I dunno, as I'm not the author of that plugin. Perhaps contacting the author, Salvatore Russo, will help out here. His nick on this forum is Il Buzzo. See his profile for contact info.

Btw, what are your plans with Visual Studio? Going to work on a fancy plugin for DeleD? Smile

About gmail: well, lots and lots of spammers have been using gmail to setup accounts at delgine.com so I decided to ban the gmail domain. Sorry for the inconvenience but as long as there are spammers, I guess I'll leave gmail banned.
BevThompson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Visual Studio Wizard Reply with quote

I am not a newbie to using 3D creators but I have just found DeleD and it looks good.
I would like to try and develop a plugin to produce Models for Rail3D

I have re installed DeleD as suggested but it has made no difference to my problem- I will keep trying.

pjd wrote:
BevThompson wrote:
I am a newbie to Deled.

Shocked
You're a newbie .. and you want to start by writing a new plugin ?!?!?!
I started by making a cube.
Smile

Did you install deled to your C:\Program Files (x86) directory ?
Try installing in your top directory, eg C:\Deled
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't help but notice the relative simplicity of the Rail3D programme, from the models perspective, as certain parameters remain a constant (track guage, track max curvature etc) as it is in realife.
I see you biggest task is writting the parser that will convert standard 3D modelling language for vertices (XYZ) into WDL (Width, Depth and Length)

Quote:
The picture (taken from the old Rail3D - ignore the grid!) shows the basic conventions used in 3D stock and scenery design. The most important thing to note is that there isn't a "scale" in Rail3D - every point is defined according to its position in the real world. If a loco is 30ft long, then the model in Rail3D is also 30ft long.
■Points in space are defined according to their position on three orthogonal axes, which we refer to as Width, Length and Height (W/L/H). They are always specified in the order (W/L/H)
■Width is the horizontal direction perpendicular to the track (for track and linear scenery, the direction of increasing W is towards the inside of a pair of parallel tracks when auto-hand is enabled for the link; OHLE is the other way round).
■Length is the horizontal distance along the track axis (when a stock model is initially placed on the track, the direction of increasing Length is treated as "forwards")
■Height is the vertical direction, with its zero at rail level.
UNQUOTE

The models themselves seem quite simplistic, albeit this depends on your levels of enthusiasm and wishes to create realistic/useable environments.
No doubt, you may have to contend with the varieties of units with the model making (Inches and Centimeters) for rolling stock and tracks.

QUOTE:
The following are (roughly) equivalent:
#Default decifeet Fill 0/0/0 0/40/0 0/40/20 0/0/20 90.90.90 $ ... #centimetres METRIC Fill 0/0/0 0/120/0 0/120/60 0/0/60 90.90.90 $ ... #floating-point feet - NB: don't use point as separator! IMPERIALFLOAT Fill 0/0/0 0/4.05/0 0/4.05/2.03 0/0/2.03 90:90:90 $
UNQUOTE

Strange as it may seem, I would offer to work with you, creating rolling stock and landscape furniture in DeleD. I'm not sure on your own abilities, as to whether I would be a help or a hinderance. PM me if you are interested. EDIT: Having browsed the website more, I see there is a wealth of models available already.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Visual Studio Wizard Reply with quote

BevThompson wrote:
I am not a newbie to using 3D creators but I have just found DeleD and it looks good.
I would like to try and develop a plugin to produce Models for Rail3D

I have re installed DeleD as suggested but it has made no difference to my problem- I will keep trying.

Not sure if you managed to solve this allready.

This is not something we can help you with. Most of us are modellers and your question relates to development. I have no experience with Visual studio, so even being a developer, I still can't help you out. I'd suggest googling for that paticular problem and asking others to help you set up your development environment. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: