Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New scripted plugins interface

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CableGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: New scripted plugins interface Reply with quote

Hey guys,

As I see it, the whole Deled redesign got scrapped, so I though about a way to make extending Deled more accessible.
The idea is to make Deled extensible using Lua. When the user runs this plugin a new window will appear.
This window will contain a list of buttons where each button is a (scripted) plugin. Once the user clicked on a button,
a GUI for this specific plugin will appear at the bottom of this window. A plugin using this way will need to have two Lua files.
One which will actually perform the plugin's job using some convenient interface between Deled and Lua.
The other will define the GUI for the plugin, something along: {{"Factor","FloatInput"}, {"Selected Only",{BooleanInput}}.
The GUI for this example will have a text box to enter the value for "Factor" and a checkbox for "Selected Only".
Then when the plugin is called it will receive a list containing {"Factor","Selected Only"} and the values for each one as entered by the user.
My questions to you is, first, if this is possible using the current plugin architecture of Deled( I guess it is) and second, how much interest
would you guys have in such a thing / think others will find it useful.

Thanks.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice initiative! But I wonder... has this been done before by a DeleD user called Il Buzzo?
fik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was started on, but never made fully avaliable. Think a lot of the code still in repository.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: