Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restaurant 3D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stressless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Restaurant 3D Reply with quote

So, here i am again.
Today i would like to show you some screenshots from a Restaurant Scene i'm making. When i'm done in DeleD i will continue in UDK to improve the quality such as reflective floors, proper lightning ect...

But for now, here are the deled progress screenshots.

stressless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

===============================
Some extra scene information
===============================

Ok, here is some more information about the scene.

I will be creating a restaurant using modular building pieces.
This will enable me to add some nice features in UDK such as a menu,
that will give you the option to add/remove chairs, tables, change floor textures, wall textures, and the overall look of the scene.

Al by using kismet in UDK, that will enable to change the texture slots of each staticmesh. This way you can change the entire scene from this business style restaurant as shown above, to a romatic red/warm looking restaurant. All the way up to the hippy modern google colored scene.

I will also be added plants from the default UDK content to make it realistic. And reflective clean wood looking floors, some paintings on the wall, background music, a fishtank (still need to model that one).

So it will take some effort to make it all work and look good in UDK, but the result will be fantastic! When i'm ready i will place new screenshots and after a while also some video's.

Keep you posted !
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, awesome work! Very Happy

Can't wait to see those videos. Smile Keep us posted!
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very good and detailed, I'm sure it will look very good in UDK.

My own personal opinion, based upon my career in construction, there is an expectation from the viewer, even if they do not know why. The structure must be plausible if it is to be believable. A perception of structure would say that the walls need to be thicker to support the roof structure and its live/dead and imposed loads, and there would be internal columns.
This is based upon the commercial viability of the structure. You could do away with internal columns, but at a high cost, which is not indicative of the type/cost of this structure. Therefore this creates an expectation of the viewer and for the realism/plausibility. Take a look at the woodgrain on the chairs, it is going the wrong way on some parts, which would not work. Whilst some may not pick this up specifically, it would deplete the overall conception of realism from a broad view.

A wrote a reference book for designers, based upon current and historic building techniques/standards. If I find the orginal pdf file, I'll post it here on the DeleD forums, for all to see/use. Hopefully some will find it useful.

Futuristic structures can be more lenient, on the basis that nobody knows the type of materials/structural advances in design, there is likely to be. Smile

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
stressless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
It looks very good and detailed, I'm sure it will look very good in UDK.

My own personal opinion, based upon my career in construction, there is an expectation from the viewer, even if they do not know why. The structure must be plausible if it is to be believable. A perception of structure would say that the walls need to be thicker to support the roof structure and its live/dead and imposed loads, and there would be internal columns.
This is based upon the commercial viability of the structure. You could do away with internal columns, but at a high cost, which is not indicative of the type/cost of this structure. Therefore this creates an expectation of the viewer and for the realism/plausibility. Take a look at the woodgrain on the chairs, it is going the wrong way on some parts, which would not work. Whilst some may not pick this up specifically, it would deplete the overall conception of realism from a broad view.

A wrote a reference book for designers, based upon current and historic building techniques/standards. If I find the orginal pdf file, I'll post it here on the DeleD forums, for all to see/use. Hopefully some will find it useful.

Futuristic structures can be more lenient, on the basis that nobody knows the type of materials/structural advances in design, there is likely to be. Smile

Thanks and yes, i agree that it will take some adjustments to make it look more plausible to the viewer. Hopefully i could do some tricks in UDK so people wont notice, because at this time i already have it set up in UDK.

There are a lot of things i still need to build. A proper outside environment so you can see 'city life' from the inside. A fishtank to fill up some emty space in the restaurant ect... I'm also working on the flash menu's to add seats ect.. And more of such functionality. Therefor i need to change the meshes into InterpActors so i can change the texture slots realtime. But InterpActors act differently on the lightning inside the scene.

Anyway, here are some screenshots from UDK. I already have improved the scene with new stuff, but it's not good enough to show you. Not yet.

trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of the above. One question, how did you get the floor to reflect like that? Reflection shader?

AWM, would love to read that pdf. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
stressless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trucker2000 wrote:
I agree with all of the above. One question, how did you get the floor to reflect like that? Reflection shader?

AWM, would love to read that pdf. Smile

Yup, using a capturereflect2Dactor (or something like that i thought it was) that will capture a 2D image of the scene from the floor up, adding the image to a material were i mix it with the wooden texture, to end up with a reflection shader.

I thought it was a nice effect, just finished the fishtank, adding some details to it and started working on the WC and flash menu.
stressless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Fishtank. It's still missing some fishes, still need to model those. And have a look at animation, maby i wont animate them and use matinee to just move them around as a staticmesh.

The water is a animated material that makes it look very cool.
Note: all plants & trees are default UDK content.

trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's cool. I would animate the fish. A little tail wag makes them look more realistic. Doesn't take much.
asus
8 gigs ram
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I like the effect, all the aquariums I've ever seen, you do not see the water moving on the sides, maybe.. maybe on the top surface where it meeets air.

If you left the sides transparent @95% with a slight tint of say green, then animated the weed and fishes, even have a tube with bubbles blowing from the bottom to airate the water, that would look far more real. Even have a snail/starfish climbing up the inside face of the glass?

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
stressless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
Whilst I like the effect, all the aquariums I've ever seen, you do not see the water moving on the sides, maybe.. maybe on the top surface where it meeets air.

If you left the sides transparent @95% with a slight tint of say green, then animated the weed and fishes, even have a tube with bubbles blowing from the bottom to airate the water, that would look far more real. Even have a snail/starfish climbing up the inside face of the glass?

True, but that would take way to much time. And i do not think it will make the aquarium much better.
Anyway, the restaurant is almost done now, i'm working on the outside to make it look a bit more like a city environment.
After all the player is able to see outside from the big windows....

I think the biggest problem would be bringing life into the scene. I'm not a character modeller, and i never even tried to make a proper vehicle. So i have to take a look if i really need/want to add those.
I did finish the flash menu to add/remove chairs from the restaurant Wink
stressless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDZgHyNcjY&feature=plcp

My vacation is over, got some exams this week so i need to study.
Meaning i think i will leave it the way it is right now. Will add it to my website next week or so, after the exams.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love both the restaurant and the villa demos. Cool
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really great. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
stressless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all,
updated my website by adding the restaurant scene to it.

www.martijnschram.com

So, i think i will be some time before i have something else to show.
I guess we have to say goodbye for a while ^^ Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: