Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dmf2map converter (replaces map exporter plugin)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgrove6875
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it were sooner than later, but the offer to help stands.
Peta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgrove6875 wrote:
I wish it were sooner than later, but the offer to help stands.

I think the same about sooner than later Wink and I offer my help in testing it with torque engine.
hikmayan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in as well for testing with "Torque Engine".I didn't know about this Editor.Since I licenced "BV" and reading through the forum came accross the link.So,I am here,and this is my first post.Glad to be here guys.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development of the Torque exporter is on its way. We'll keep you posted of course!

And btw, welcome hikmayan. Smile
Hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, let me intoduce myself

My name is Roland, but everyone calls me Hobbes. I am new ot Deled, and i must say, your program is excellent, the first one out of all the ones like it where i can get my Lightwave map objects into without to much of a hassle. Actaully the only hassle i have is my own fault (inproper .3ds texture file names).

I am Torque Engine owner and have been looking for a program like Deled for my map making needs for some time now. If you guys get this Torque exporter working well, i will have no problems upgrading from the free lite edition of Deled to the Pro edition. The ability to import .3ds, .x, and .obj files really solves alot of my problems. And once hte exporter for torque is complete it will solve all my map development problems. Deled is the first 'map' editing program where once i import my objects it maintains it's intended shape, structure, and UV map information.

Awesome job. I must say, please for the sake of all Indie developers out there, please i beg you continue your great work. I look forward to using the Torque exporter. If you need any more people to beta test the plugin just let me know, i would be more than happy to help. I am also a Programmer (college degree ta boot) so if you need help in that hatter, i am always avaialble.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hobbes,

Welcome to these forums, and thanks a lot for the kind words and your interest in the Torque exporter. The exporter is steadily developing into a usable product, and soon we'll be starting to setup a team of alpha- and betatesters. We'll definitely contact you (as well as the other people that have responded to this thread) about it then! Smile

One word of caution though: the biggest hurdle the exporter strives to overcome is the fact that .map files don't support arbitrary geometry. As you probably know, only closed-and-convex solid objects are supported. The exporter goes a long way towards slicing and dicing arbitrary geometry (like the contents of a .3DS file) into such objects, but I am pretty sure that when the alpha comes out there will be real life cases where the geometry needs some manually tweaking before it can be comfortably exported to Torque.

That said, we strongly believe we can make DeleD+Torque Exporter one of the best toolchains for developing Torque content. Even now, at this early state of development, it already feels very exciting to walk through our own DeleD creations in TGE. Very Happy
Hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring hope and promise to me and my TGE Project Very Happy

it would be cool if you could maybe post some ingame screenshots of what you have working in TGE so far. Is that possible? Razz

This really does make me feel like i can now go ahead and make some real progress on my game prolect. I also so look forward to testing out this plugin.

I am gonna start saving my pennies so that once the TGE Exporter is complete i can match it up with the pro version of Deled.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a little screenshot of our CastleSiege model starring in a very familiar scene from TGE. Not the most spectacular model around, but it does export flawlessly, and Jeroen and me had a lot of fun shooting eachother from the battlements! Very Happy

Hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me jumps up and down with glee and anticipation!

Cool stuff mate. Now just to holdon to that thing called patience Razz Very Happy
sce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work guys !!
I been waiting a long time for this.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. Smile
Can't wait to get my grubbie little fingers on it. Very Happy
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
jgrove6875
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a bit since I've looked at the forum, but now that I've seen the screenshot, I am looking forward to having the ability to get some real work done using DelEd and the exporter. Bring it on boys!
RiddleMaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when this plugin might be released?

I've been using Torque for a while and the level design tools are horrible. Its the only thing thats holding my game back. I've used Deled in the past with some B3D demos and loved the workflow in it.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to get a very early alpha out this week. Depending on the feedback, it might take anywere from a week to two months to go beta, then a short cycle to the final release.

The alpha will be 'public' (i.e. made available as a free download to generate a maximum amount of feedback), but if you want to be notified when it is there drop me a line at paul [at] delgine [dot] com.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, will the exporter strip out the unused textures? Hopefully it will. (not necessarily in alpha, but in the final product)
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: