Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

c++/python quake3 arena md3 plugin in works - gui?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: c++/python quake3 arena md3 plugin in works - gui? Reply with quote

My goal has been to write a Quake 3 arena MD3 import plugin. The design is somewhat unique...the plugin that DeleD calls is written in C++ but calls functions on an embedded python script to do the parsing actual work. Very flexible once you bolt down the C++ part. You can change the logic in the python script that does the heavy lifting over and over as long as the functions that interact with C++ don't change.

So far I've got it pretty close to done (minus the morph target animation part). Estimate a few more weeks.

Question is...

Is there any standard on how to make the GUI part? I did not see any of that in the Wiki. So far I have hard-coded the file string pointing at model to import in the C++ code. I need a dialog to pop up and ask where to look to import the file. Any suggestions on best way to do that?

Thanks,
John
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: