Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ogre Mesh Exporter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yokom
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colt527 wrote:
I am having a not so important problem, but if someone could help me out it would be great. Everything works fine (after I triangulated). But inside my scene the object refuses to cast shadows. I tried all 3 types of shadows under all of the different light types it just wont work (Yes, I set cast shadow to true). Is anyone having similar problems?

Sorry ive been really busy on my project i havnt been checking forums. When you say lighting do you mean inside delgine or are you setting the lights up in the ogre scene.

if you set the lights up inside ogre then the problem might be in the way delgine exports the data to one mesh. in ogre the entire delgine scene is combined into one mesh object the way it looks. Im not sure if ogre will cast shadows from one mesh to itself. I need to test this and just dont have time atm.

Try doing a room as one mesh.
Then create a few object in different dmf files exprot each one and load 3 meshes into ogre and place the smalle objects inside the room and put a light object in the room.

See if the different meshes cast shadows on the room floor.

Then combine them in delgine and export them all as one mesh and load it into ogre and see if the results are the same and the smaller objets still cast shadows.

I would be intrested to see the results if they go the way I think they will. I think you will get the objects to cast shadows if they are loaded as different meshes and you wont get shadows if they are loaded as a single mesh object. I could be completely wrong ill admitt but its a worthwhile expermint.
Jim Coe

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre meshes will cast and receive shadows on themselves.

Over at the:
http://www.pelicancrossing.com forum we are alpha testing "Blink 3D", a new web 3D immersive environment assembly application which uses Ogre as the render engine.

Under the forum there ("Discussion" > thread "Shadows") you will see JavaScript code and discussions for shadows. The Ogre manual at the Ogre site has quite a bit too.

We Blink 3D testers are not using C++, but JavaScript, so the code is not exactly the same, but you might find you are missing a declaration or such. You can see the online tests we are trying, if you download the current Alpha Build of the Blink 3D player for MSIE.
DarkSeraph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... how's that .scene exporter coming along? Wink

Being able to put in dynamic lighting would be very cool... and if you want to blow my mind make it do cubemaps Very Happy But I'm not sure those can be done 100% out of code.

mmmm shiny reflections...
DarkSeraph

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I have a much more serious question:

The programmer for my project has been working on Ogre for a bit, trying to get used to it and can load the example meshes that come with it, but when he tries to load what DeleD exports he can't unless it's not exporting normals. It just doesn't load correctly.

edit: Basically with or without normals exported lighting isn't being applied to the mesh.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me get this straight, are you saying:
1. We can load the exported files just fine, but
2. The dynamic Ogre lighting doesn't seem to be applied?

In that case, try running the model through the OgreXMLConverter.exe (it's one of the commandline tools provided with Ogre) and see if that helps. I am guessing it is probably missing edge data. Running mesh.buildEdgeList() from within the code (after loading the model) should fix this problem.

If there is something else wrong, could you please restate the question? (or let your programmer do it, if that's more convenient Wink) If there is something wrong, I really want to get it fixed Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: