Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haunted.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Haunted. Reply with quote

So finally, I've come to post this here.

I've been working on that since January, and an end isn't still in sight, but - here it ist.

What is Haunted?

Haunted is - or will be - a first person shooter, with a kind of horror in it, and less action-shooter elements. So what is it then? Imagine beeing alone, at night in an abandoned old house, deep in the woods and the next human souls are miles away.
You lived your childhood there, but as your parents died when you were at the age of twelve, you moved to your grand parents and lived there. Now that your brother is dead, too, you inherit the house, which hasn't been inhabited since you left. So you drive to this house to see what's left. After entering it, you would be happier, if you didn't.

Some strange things happen as you open the door to the house... But still, you are going on... the door slammes and you are alone, in the dark...

Fortunatelly, you've taken a gun, a pocket knive and a flashlight with you. It will save your life.

As you will see, you are not quite alone. Some scary creatures, monsters and what else will come into my mind ( Wink ) will hunt you down, if you aren't careful enough.

You only see one goal. The only thing you have to do, the only thing that can save you, is to get out of this house! But it doesn't want to let you escape, the house works against you... the house ist haunted.

The game will be written in Delphi, and renders with OpenGL. The following programs will be used (and are used until now...):

DeleD - Map
Milkshape 3D, Blender 3D - Modeling

well okay, not much until now, Smile

I haven't done much in DeleD yet, since i've concentrated more on programming the "engine" or moddeling some models.

Here are some Screenshots:

The DeleD Test Level, lightmapped, with a enemy model, and it's shadows (per shadowmapping... unfortunately... but better than nothing)

Flashlight, per projected textures.

Two rendered weapons:

A shotgun, you'll find it somewhere in the game.

The handgun that you always take with you...

The Weapons are rendered with Blender3D, modeled and skinned in Milkshape3D by my :>

Okay, some questions left?

When will it be released?
No idea. When you follow the progress made until now, it will be somewhen in winter 2004-2005 up to spring. I hope, it won't take no longer.

Multiplayer?
No. Probably not.

System Requirements?
You'll need AT LEAST a Geforce 2 or a comparable ATI card. However, it has to support Multi-Texturing. And some good CPU would be great, as this Version now has about 50 to 80 fps with a resolution of 1280 * 1024. (I've got a Geforce3 ti and an Athlon 1600+).

Website?
We don't have a website yet, but when we've got something more to show, there will definitely be one.

Freeware?
Of course Wink And probably, it will be open-source as my lightmapper forces me to it ...

You need something...? Can I help you?
Yes, some freetime would be great. If you are good at making models or textures, or other useful things, your help will be welcome. If you think, you can offer your talents for us, just contact me.

If you still want to know something, just ask for it Wink
I'll keep you informed, and when i've made a prograss with the map, i'll also post some screenshots here.

Cya, Mr.Fletcher
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news ,Another project using DeleD (among others) if you want to post a demo
i would be happy to host it for you. Love the screen shots Cool

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks very promising Mr Fletcher. It's a bit like Alone in the Dark and i loved those games back in the good old days. Wink Keep us posted!
det

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: look good Reply with quote

hi,

you write with delphi.
have you a routine for collision in delphi ?
i am searching a collisions routine in delphi for a deled level.

sorry for my bad english.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, i'm working on integrating the Newton Physics Engine, that provides physical reactions of bodys and - of course - collision detection.
This is much better than my routine now, but what you do in theory is:
You've got a box for your player model that moves along with you. When you move, you iterate through every obejct of your collision geometry. There, you do this:
You go through every polygon of the object (it has to be a convex model) and check, if there is a point of your player box, that lies in front of the face. If so, there is no collision. If not, there is. Checking if in front or not is done by calculation the dotproduct between the face's normal vector and the vector between a vertex of the polygon to the point of your player box.
Don't know if that was understandable :/ But you should take a look at newton, there is a delphipor for it: http://www.geocities.com/delphinewton/

Newton's website is http://physicsengine.com/ .
Jobyman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW cool looking game and that is some complicated collision. The way i do it is jsut check if the objects overlap, problem is that only works with boxes which are at right angles Sad But if you have a reasonably....sqaure level then it's easy and fast.
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the collision won't be that complex if he's using DarkBasicPRO with Nuclear Glorycollision Very Happy.
Jobyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea annoying thing is.....you gotta buy those 2 things Smile. gotta buy dbc too but thats cheap now and you get so much more credit when you make something in DBc rather than DBp cos DBP has far too many easy ways out and no worries about fps.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Hey the collision won't be that complex if he's using DarkBasicPRO with Nuclear Glorycollision Very Happy.

I'm not using DarkBasic Wink
But however, Physics will be implemented soon, so this technique won't be used anymore.
Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question: is that p88 made in milkshape 3D ?
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is.

A bit shocked that this thread is on top again Embarassed
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a clear sign you need to get back working on this project again! Wink Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: